Are you between the ages of 18-29 and want to start your own business, buy or expand and existing company?
How it Works
Starter Company is a training program for enterprising young people between the ages of 18-29 who want to start, buy, or expand a business in their community. The program will provide training sessions on aspects of running a successful business; mentorship from local business leaders to help get your business up and running; as well as gain additional experience running a successful business that may help you obtain more traditional financing such as bank loan if you so require in the future.
Successful applicants may then apply for the Starter Company Grant to receive up to $5,000 to kick off a new business or expand your current business and successful applicants must provide matching funds worth 25% (in cash or equivalent) of the grant.
Am I eligible for Starter Company?
You are eligible for Starter Company if you are:
• are between 18 to 29 years of age
• are running a business, proposing a new company, expansion of a company or buy an existing company from a retiring entrepreneur
• not currently a full time student
• a resident of Ontario
• a Canadian citizen or a landed immigrant
• prepared to commit to a minimum average of 35 hours a week, for running your business
Funding provided by the Government of Ontario