Starter Company Plus is a Government of Ontario funded program designed to create sustainable jobs for its residents through entrepreneurship. The program is open to those looking to purchase, expand, or open a new business.
Through Starter Company Plus participants will receive one-on-one business training, business plan development, mentorship and the chance to receive funds for their venture of up to $5,000.
How it Works
Starter Company is a training program for enterprising young people between the ages of 18-29 who want to start, buy, or expand a business in their community. The program will provide training sessions on aspects of running a successful business; mentorship from local business leaders to help get your business up and running; as well as gain additional experience running a successful business that may help you obtain more traditional financing such as bank loan if you so require in the future.
Successful applicants may then apply for the Starter Company Grant to receive up to $5,000 to kick off a new business or expand your current business and successful applicants must provide matching funds worth 25% (in cash or equivalent) of the grant.
You are eligible for Starter Company Plus if you are:
- 18 years of age or older
- an Ontario resident and Canadian citizen (or permanent resident)
- not attending school full-time or returning to school
- starting, expanding or buying a small business
- to qualify for a grant, you must be able to make a contribution to your business in cash or in kind. It has to be equivalent to at least 25% of the grant amount.
- prepared to complete the business training components of the Starter Company Plus Program as prescribed by the Small Business Centre as the Program Provider
Funding provided by the Government of Ontario